Wednesday, June 6, 2012

To try or not to try!

Well hello there. So, my father in law went to a diet center. They promised him the world, and what he got was a $5000 credit card bill and a crap load of vitamins. (http://burn-fat-shelton.com/) Well, while he attended the supposed laser lipo, he did appear to loose weight. His waist shrunk and he felt better. All the while, Dean & I think with the all the vitamins (he took 23 in the morning and another 30 at night) that he was so full of vitamins, he didnt eat and that is why he was loosing. Not this stupid machine. Along with the weird machine and tons of vitamins, he tried some kind of "cleansing" that I am thinking of. So, folow me .... Dad would make this concoction (or however you spell it! LOL) The Master Cleanse Lemonade The lemonade is prepared by mixing the ingredients in this free recipe: ■2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice. Burroughs recommends organic lemons, fresh, not bottled juice. Limes may be substituted. Lemon zest and pulp may be added ■2 tablespoons of maple syrup. This must be pure maple syrup, not pancake syrup. ■1/10 teaspoon cayenne pepper. Burroughs insists that cayenne chili pepper be used, but permits ramping up from a lesser amount if the taste needs getting used to. ■Water. Recommends a 10-ounce glass of medium hot water, but also allows cold water to be used. Some have interpreted “10-ounce glass” to mean 8 ounces of actual water. And drink this for 3 days on 3 days off for a week! Now this wonderful man lives on his own and can do this! You see, I have been warned! This is what I have read and been told! "Purchase a large supply of toilet paper and Tucks witch hazel wipes. If you share your bathroom with others, agree on a unique emergency code phrase like “It’s coming,”or “Elvis is leaving the building” to alert other members of your household that you need them to vacate the bathroom quickly; also, consider purchasing a supply of adult diapers." So, why on earth would I want to do that to my body?!?!? Is it good for the body or bad for the body?? Also, my next question is this, with all the meds I need to take in a day, what happens during the cleanse? do they all get flushed out? Looks like I will have a discussion with a Dr. to make my final decision. But, if it does work, I suppose it is worth it in the end. The next step after this is the lap-band as I know if I can actually get the weight off, I WILL feel physically better! Anyone have opinions?

No comments: